Eli Blog 4.12.18


Blog #10 from the sanctuary at Kitten Rescue:

Like sands through the hour glass, (or litter granules through the pooper scooper) these are the Days of Our Nine Lives…..

My name is Eli, I am going to be 12 next month.  Kitten Rescue took me in a young feral kitten and I have been here ever since.  I have a few medical issues and get fluids.  Actually, I just got out of ISO after almost three weeks, I am feeling better now.  I missed my friends while I was in ISO but I sure did love all the one on one attention with people.  I don’t feel so shy around people now, so I guess ISO was a good thing after all.

Speaking of ISO, when I was hanging out in it, Champ had his 19th birthday party and I had a front row seat watching the humans celebrate his big day and love on him.  It was a good day for everyone as we all got to celebrate too with chicken.  I like Champ, he and I are gentle giants. https://youtu.be/OTYtAMeBwlk Morrissey (he's the new guy) and Mama Angelica are the only ones in ISO right now.  Mama Angelica is taking holiday time from her kittens to fatten up.  She eats more than me each day! 



Tucker has come and gone, he arrived only a couple of weeks ago, then went to a Petsmart and now goes to his forever home this weekend.  Daphne is out and about and bossing people around if they are in her spot.  She talks a lot but is very sweet and loves getting pets.  Violet aka “meatball” still stays in her enclosure as it’s hard for her to get around, but she’s been taking strolls.  She has really bad arthritis. Very sweet kitty too.  I would tell you more about her but I think she asked to blog next.  Pumkin had to get some tests done and has been spending more time napping in the coveted “middle” bed in the hotel area. Princess Leia went to foster and is like a new kitty, gone is the dark side of the force…. Only light, she just needed a home and now just needs a forever home.  Either way, she is happy right now.

Back on my side of the sanctuary, Belle is losing hair and no one knows why so she is probably headed to the spa.  Jasmine has discovered humans and pets are actually pretty awesome.  Sasha is trying out Nikki’s boxes.  Jessica finally came out of her enclosure and wandered a bit hissing at cats that came too close to her but walking right up to humans for pets. Morris is about ready to turn in his "feral card".  Oh and aliens didn’t invade but Sallie Mae is finally allowing pets, that must have happened when I was in ISO. Good on you Sallie Mae, good on you.
  
https://youtu.be/jywyshSohmQ

And over in the FeLV area, well the wild child, bitey-face Holly is back on happy meds.  Bob is finally starting to return to his good natured self and is out and about.  Uncle Mario and his "Marley" eyes just chills and takes it all in.

The construction finally seems to be tailing off and it looks like the Adoption Center will be up and running shortly.  Open House will be in May, lots of visitors and people to charm, maybe some will fall in love with a cat or two in the sanctuary.  Dreamers can dream…  - Eli

1st row:  Champ, Morrissey, Angelica & Tucker
2nd row:  Daphne, Violet, Pumkin & Princess Leia
3rd row: Belle, Jasmine, Sasha & Jessica
4th row:  Morris, Holly, Bob & Uncle Mario




To read previous commentary by other cats in the sanctuary, you can visit:  https://daysofourninelives.blogspot.com/

For more information on sponsoring a special needs cat like Eli, please visit www.kittenrescue.org

pc and vc:  John, Kindra & Kelly


Comments

Popular Posts