Pearlie & Belle Blog 2.8.18

Blog #6 from the sanctuary at Kitten Rescue:
Like sands through the hour glass, (or litter granules through the pooper scooper) these are the Days of Our Nine Lives…..
Hi everyone!  Pearlie here, just hanging out in ISO cause they want to make sure I am eating.  To be clear, I just have kind of a stuffy nose so I can’t smell food, so I haven’t really been into it, but I am getting better, plus, like Bob, I have learned the benefits of being in ISO.  Like Mimi feeds you breakfast and lunch in bed.  I don’t even have to get up if I don’t want to.  But I do, I like being able to go where I want, so I won’t stay too much longer in here.  I did get a crinkle ball brought to me today; don’t tell my sister Belle, I don’t want her to be left out of crinkle ball addiction. 

Since I have been hanging out on this side of the sanctuary, I have seen lots of cool things happening, for instance, Gizmo, Magic, Maebell, Barley and Tango have been adopted.  Like how "meowsome" is that?  And I hear there may be interest in Jitterbug, Oscar and some others too.  It’s so nice that humans are willing to adopt adult kiddos.  I hope they get lots of crinkle balls in their new homes, they deserve it.  Belle and I still hold out hope that someone will adopt us, but all of cheer every time one of our pals here in the sanctuary find a home; it’s the best thing ever.  – Pearlie

Belle here, I am Pearlie’s twin.  We kind of do everything together so why not report in together.  I miss my sister; I wait for her return at the screen door daily when I am not comforting Eli and other kitties that need my good vibes.  I got a crinkle ball today; don’t tell Pearlie, I don’t want her to think she was left out of our crinkle ball addiction.  I just love them…  Our side of the sanctuary is still under construction, but the caretakers have built lots of forts for skittish kitties like Gobbles, Damon and Flower to hide under.  They are so thoughtful here.  We have been truly blessed by being saved as young kittens by Kitten Rescue and they have provided us with a shelter, food, treats and crinkle balls!  And they got our brother Gaston, a black panther, adopted a couple of years ago.  I love Kitten Rescue!  - Belle

Jelleefish here, interviewer and voice of the sanctuary kitties for the Days of Our Nine Lives blog.  As you can see, our two twin tortie sisters aren’t much into gossip, that’s because they are too busy being the sweetest of the sweetest in the sanctuary.   They are love bugs, with the softest fur in the sanctuary and the best dispositions.  And far too humble to talk about themselves, so I will do so for them.  About five years ago, on a rare rainy night in Southern California, they, along with their brother Gaston (aforementioned) were found in a ditch as very tiny kittens by KR.  They were bottle fed….and suffer from chronic upper respiratory infections.  Pearlie had to have one of her eyes removed and Belle is partially blind in one.  It doesn’t stop these girls from being playful and downright optimists about their chances someday of still being adopted together.  If you would like to know more or want to share their story, they can be found on Instagram at:  PearlieandBelle and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PearlieandBelle/ .  – Jellee

PS – Holly was all sweet and lovey this week, then I blinked and she became Bitey-Face again right on the back of my arm.  I am beginning to think that it’s her way of saying I like you.  Right?

PSS – Send crinkle balls to the sanctuary?

1st row:  Pearlie, Bob, Gizmo & Magic
2nd row: Maebell, Barely & Tango, Jitterbug
3rd row: Osacr, Belle, Eli & Sanctuary remodel
4th row:  Gobbles, Damon, Flower & Holly




Comments

Popular Posts